If you have a heart for animals in any way shape or form, the reason for this petition is going to absolutely break your heart. It will be clear very quickly why we need your signature and support. You can skip below at any time to sign your support.
We at iHeartDogs.com urgently need your voice and your signature to help shut down a truly heart breaking and horrific event that takes place every June in Yulin, China. Yulin is a small province in southeast China with approximately 6.7 million residents that is known for their yearly "Yulin Dog Meat Eating Festival". This barbaric "festival" is exactly what it sounds like - a horrific mass slaughter of dogs and cats in order to create a "unique culinary experience". This brutal "festival" involves what some call "savouring" the delicacies of dog and cat meat. It is driven by the belief that animals who die during the cooking process produce the most tender meat and as a result many animals are cooked alive or tortured. In order to fill the demand for meat, animals are commonly abducted from homes and shelters. There are even dog meat farms that have sprung up in years of late to supply food just for this event.
Some estimate 10,000 - 50,000 dogs and cats will suffer, be butchered, beaten to death, skinned alive and eaten in 2016.
Despite all these things, change is definitely at hand as a new generation of Chinese animal lovers increasingly view dogs as companions. The majority of the Chinese people are appalled at what happens at Yulin, and so together with their voice and ours we can make a difference. The sad reality is that The Yulin Dog Meat Festival will continue to take place every year unless we unite and speak out. It is up to us to come together as one voice to let the Chinese and local Yulin government know that the global community is shouting loudly "STOP YULIN" forever!
It is with compassion and strong determination we will send this letter - with your signature - to the Chinese Ambassador of the U.S. Ambassador Cui Tiankai and the Governor of Yulin GuangXi Province China Mr. Chen Wu.
Dear Ambassador Cui Tiankai and Governor Mr. Chen Wu,
We strongly and respectfully urge the Chinese government to end the suffering of the thousands dogs killed annually at the Yulin Festival. It is with great respect for the Chinese people and Chinese culture that we speak out, but are horrified to see the brutality to animals that is a core part of the Yulin Festival. We firmly believe it is our responsibility as a collective humanity to stand together and protect all animals from any kind of abuse whatsoever.
Beyond permanently ending the Yulin Meat Festival, we are also asking the Chinese government to organize and pass legislation that would indefinitely ban the slaughter of dogs and cats in China and create a punishable offense for anyone who is guilty of harsh treatment, confinement, transport, slaughter, neglect - or any form of animal abuse.
Please join us by signing below and standing up to "STOP YULIN!" We need you.The global community needs you. The dogs need you.
We plan on sending our first letter no later than June 1st and then continuing to send updated letters detailing the outcry of support and signatures as our support continues to grow. We will not stop until we get justice for all of these animals.
Sign Now & Make Your Voice Count!
Kimberly Anne Giles
Signed Sunday, March 18th 16:28 pm
- In this Year of the Dog, please stop the torture!
Signed Sunday, March 18th 16:16 pm
- BOYCOTT THAT SICK EVIL INHUMAN /SUBHUMAN NATION NAME -CHINA !!!
Signed Saturday, March 17th 20:25 pm
- Stop this !!!! It's horrible! !!!! It's demonic people doing this to the poor animals. Hope they will be abused the same way some day.
Signed Saturday, March 17th 16:51 pm
- This shouldn’t never take place.. these poor animals don’t deserve to be treated this way
Signed Saturday, March 17th 11:06 am
- This needs to stop!
Signed Saturday, March 17th 04:12 am
- This needs to stop no animal should never and I mean NEVER go through this kind of torture or cruelty!! This needs to stop now imagine if it was your kids being put through this torture! Would you just let this be a festival NO!!!! You wouldn't this isn't a festival this is a torture festival for all the sick fucks out there to get there kicks and laughs!! You guys are inhumane and I'm ashamed to even know we get our shit from you people!!! Wanna torture something torture your own people leave the animals alone!!! They never did shit to any of you but love and care clearly you guys don't care about anyone or anything!! Such a waste of scum put on this earth you all will have karma hit you hard and nobody will be there to help any of you!! Karma coming !!! Dogs and cats will have there revenge!!
LINDA SUSAN BOGNER
Signed Saturday, March 17th 04:09 am
- This is the most intolerable treatment of helpless dogs I have ever heard of and we must stop this atrocity!
Signed Saturday, March 17th 02:38 am
- We have been fighting this abhorrent festival for years!! Please let this be the year this despicable "culture" ends once and for all! #China #Shame #TheWorldIsWatching you continue to be a #Dishonourable Nation in the eyes of the world #EndYulinForever! !
timothy james hayes
Signed Saturday, March 17th 01:47 am
- stop this now
Signed Friday, March 16th 23:12 pm
- Barbaric, inhumane, cruel, disgusting and immoral. I can’t believe things like this are still happening. Unbelievable. Incredibly arrogant to feel so superior to every other species that they think this behaviour is acceptable.